CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

What a dreary, rainy day! I can't really complain too much I guess, it's been a beautiful week here in the Ozarks, but I was indoors, working. Tanner and I had big Park plans today, but I think that will have to wait until next weekend. We had a great week here, although some of it was kind of long. I was trying to get in 15 hours of overtime that didn't translate to me working on Saturday. I did it, but it made for a couple of really long days. I am still trying to get a schedule worked out. I know the hours I WANT to work. But I am not very disciplined yet when it comes to going to bed and getting up when I am supposed to. And if you don't go to bed until Midnight, then 5:30 AM is NOT the best time for your alarm to be waking you. I'll get the hang of this working from home thing....I promise.

Aside from Tanner losing his tooth, there was not a whole lot of excitement here. The weather, as previously stated, was gorgeous. I sat on the deck a couple of days and had lunch. And our back yard finally dried up a little bit so Tanner could play in it. Of course, now it is a mud pit again. We need more grass back there! I wish my father would recommend some good grass seed and tell me when the best time to lay it is. I know nothing about my yard. Except that it is a work in progress. I know we haven't been here very long, but I also know the importance of having curbside appeal. And in five or six years when I decide to sell my house, I want it snatched off the market. A beautiful yard will help out with that. I told Jeremy that one of the first things that has to happen is some kind of edging for our landscape. The cheap black stuff they put in drives me crazy! It is very unattractive. I think my mom convinced me that I need a Japanese Maple right in the corner...um...I think that's what she said. SEE, I am bad at this stuff!

I have decided that I need a hobby. I don't know what, just something. Maybe it's time to take photography a bit more seriously, or buy a sewing machine and pray that the gods of domesticity will suddenly bless me with magical sewing powers. All I know is that I cannot be here in the house 24 hours a day and have nothing to do. I'll go bonkers. I would take up baking, but I fear that the outcome of that would be a larger pant size for all of us. Heaven forbid! I am much too impatient to crochet, we already tried that one. It lasted about five minutes. I want something cool, so that when I tell people what my hobby is they are actually interested. Any suggestions? Please don't suggest anything life threatening, like sky diving or bungee jumping. Keep in mind that you are talking to ME.

I wish I had fun new things to update you on. Sadly I do not. Hopefully, the upcoming week will bring some excitement our way...if not I'll have to start making up stories. Infinitely more fun to be sure...but you would NEVER believe me, and I would kind of like to stick with the truth. Tanner is yelling at me from the living room, and it's getting close to time for some soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. So I will sign off for now. Hugs and Kisses, Loves and Misses.

2 hugs and kisses:

Buffie said...

Baking is not exactly a bad idea, as long as you have plenty of people that you can give the stuff to. You could even get involved with a bake sale. I believe that there is one every year about this time that benifits childhood hunger.

Or you could take up cooking. Let me know if you guys are allergic to anything and I can get you started with some tried and true recipes.

I could also help you with your sewing. Its not as hard as some may think. And if memory serves, you were pretty darn good at it in home ec.

You could go out on a nature walk and just see what if anything comes to you. Maybe you would even get inspired to write a book. Publishing it is a completely different story, believe me.

I hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

No, I was not good at sewing...I was good at flirting. Landon Rose did all my sewing for me...I couldn't even thread the bobbin...SIGH. HOPELESS!