CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Gingerbread House

Well here we are getting close to Christmas and we decided to have some fun today. I had the brilliant idea to make a gingerbread house. Um, yeah. Those of you who know me best know that I am not the most crafty person. I am covered in icing...seriously. It's on my jeans and my shirt, and around my cuticles...and I think there may be some in my hair. BUT we do have a gingerbread house. I have to say, it smelled sooo good while Tanner and I were putting it together. I managed to not eat anything...except the stupid chimney. It wouldn't stay where I wanted it to, so Tanner and I ate it. YUMMY!





Don't look too closely at it. It looks best if you stand back from your computer, squint one eye and kind of tilt your head to the left. Oooh, and you should probably turn the overhead lights off in whatever room you are in. It may not be beautiful, but we had a lot of fun making it and getting messy.

4 hugs and kisses:

Buffie said...

Your gingerbread house looks cute. I don't even think that it needs a chimney, fires and cookies don't mix that well. ;D

The last time we did gingerbread houses, I made 5 or 6 of them from scratch and we spent about $20 on goodies to decorate them. It was fun but a one time only deal. WAY TO MUCH WORK!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, I can imagine. This was a kit and it was too much work. I'm really not very good with projects...well unless you count the fact that this house looks like it BELONGS in the Projects. I've been calling it the FEMA gingerbread house. ;o)

momndad said...

I think this is a Kansas gingerbread house because it is leaning from the wind.
There were some gingerbread houses on the Food Network Channel. They looked almost exactly nothing at all like the one in the pics!

Anonymous said...

It's actually NOT leaning. I was leaning when I took the photo. I told you it was FEMA house. Food network cheats!