CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Entry No. 120

We've been back to reality for a few days now after a fantastic Memorial Day weekend. It's always wonderful to spend some time with family and just relax. How surprised and blessed I was to see friends and family that I wasn't even expecting!! My only regret is that it didn't last as long as I would have liked. I wanted to just sit down tonight and share some pictures that my Dad took of our time together--his camera is WAY cooler than mine! I am MUCHO jealous. On a brighter note, he did say that if he gets the camera that he REALLY wants for his birthday, then I can have his. Please send donations to me by August.




Tanner is a ham with a microphone in his hand. I cannot imagine where he gets THAT from. Ok, actually, this is the only way that I can see that he takes after his Mommy. It was hysterical listening to him making up his own words to the music that was playing. According to my mother, I used to do the same thing when I was his age. According to my husband, I STILL do this...but what the heck does he know, I mean, Really???


A break in the rain meant we were outside with Tanner and his bubble blower, purchased by Nana and Papa. I have to say, it is very cool and I wouldn't mind having one for myself. Perhaps, if I am a very good girl this year, Santa will leave me one in my stocking. "Santa Baby, slip some bubbles under the tree for me." Yeah, I made that up...perhaps my husband knows more than I give him credit for. Oh, that hurts to admit.





My parents have the PERFECT hill at the side of their house. Had the ground not been wet, I might have found it the right time to show Tanner how to roll down it. Remember doing that as a child?? Remember doing that in high school, with your friends, during rehearsal for Oklahoma? Perhaps I have said too much? Even though the ground was wet, Tanner and Grandpa still had a blast running up the hill and down the hill, up the hill and down the hill, up the hill and down...well you get the picture.


Monday, we went to the Sedgwick County Zoo. According to their website they are the 18th largest zoo in the country. I love zoos and I particularly loved this one. The animals were very well cared for, and I felt like I was actually in their natural environment. I have a bazillion pictures that I could post from the day, but I picked a couple of my favorites for your viewing pleasure.




I adore the shot of the gorillas, Dad. AND I am kinda fond of the one with my boys in it as well. Thanks you guys for an awesome weekend and for helping us make memories that we will never forget. Tanner misses you...I miss you (Rocky misses April), and we can't wait to do it again soon.

6 hugs and kisses:

Buffie said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful Memorial Day. We went to a BBQ at a friends parents house. I started a water cannon fight, and just I as I was going to get in the pool it started lightning and thundering.

And if you love Zoo's you need to bring Tanner up to the St Louis Zoo. It is baby central. If only it would stop this never ending rain.

Anonymous said...

I am ready to hit any zoo that's FREE! Tanner has seen about 1/4 of the St. Louis Zoo--my parents took him last summer and he tuckered out before he could see the whole thing. We'd love to do the Lou for a long weekend of baseball and fun. Now if I can only find the time. How are you feeling???

momndad said...

You will NOT take Tanner to the St Louis Zoo without Papa!!!!

I was cheated out of that experience once!

Juli said...

So let it be written, so let it be done. Aye Aye Cap,n!

Buffie said...

Well now, I say that all of you come up this fall (Juli, Jeremy, Tanner, Nana and Papa). You and all of us (Mark, Sierra and me) and go to the Zoo, I can see if I can borrow one of Sierra's friends wagons and then if the kiddos get tired of walking we toss them in the wagon and the adults take turns pulling.

Sierra wants to go and see the new baby elephant, penquin, and whatever the heck the other one is. The last time we went, we saw (baby wise other than people) elephant (there are 2 now), naked mole rats (they look nothing like the one on "Kim Possible"), Orangatang, and prairie dog (it was so little, but a great digger). We couldn't find the baby penquin that was there last year, better luck this year (as long as I don't over do it, LOL).

Buffie said...

Today I feel like poo. We went to the Ren. Faire and I overdid it. Oops.