CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Dear Vehicle Manufacturer,

I know that I may be a bit presumptuous in writing this letter considering that YOU are the experts and I am just a lowly consumer...but I felt that after ten years of sharing the road with others I should give you a suggestion that might be useful in cutting down the number of accidents.

I was driving some very precious cargo to the baby sitter's this morning when I was forced to slam on my breaks so the man in the 1985 Ford truck in front of me could turn. I, of course, was very concerned for his well being when this happened. What if I had rear ended this poor unsuspecting individual??? He was very busy at the time trying to figure out why his Billy Ray Cyrus tape wasn't working and he never would have known what hit him. What if the toothpick he was chewing on had gotten lodged in his throat?? I shudder thinking about the carnage that "might have been". I keep picturing his overall buckle getting caught on the steering wheel and the half empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the floor board breaking causing the liquor to spill out and ignite with the lit cigarette that was dropped in the collision. The images that follow make me sick!!!

I know You are constantly striving to make improvements to the vehicles that fine citizens like this man and myself buy, and I believe I might have a solution. Just go with me on this one and picture, if you will, a vehicle that has some sort of apparatus that would alert the people behind you if you are going to turn...some kind of signal that would just give a little bit of warning to other drivers. Think of the good it could do!!! I don't know what exactly would work, I'll let you, the experts figure out the exact design and logistics of it all, as I'm sure it will be more complicated than what my little mind could conceive. I just thought I would throw it out there! Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Motorin' Mama in Missouri

1 hugs and kisses:

Anonymous said...

Dear Motorin Mama,

Thank you for your idea submission! This is actually one that has been brought to our attention before, but we just don't know if we can justify the added expense. We're just not sure people would use this "signal" you speak of. Just remember to keep your eyes on the road and your hands on ten and two. Good luck...it's a jungle out there!

Sincerely,
The Car Creators