CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Our Wonderful, Fabulous, Splendiforous Day

The Bradshaws had NOTHING to do today. No shopping after church. No cleaning that we had put off until the last minute. No yard work that was screaming to be finished. Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch, Zero. In celebration of this, I decided that Tanner and I would go to the EARLY service this morning so that we would have all day to spend together. So we made it home from church around ten thirty rolled Jeremy out of bed and planned our day of RELAXATION. We decided on a cookout at the park.




My most favorite-est place in all of Springfield is Nathaniel Greene Park. It is by far the largest park here. There are never very many people there and it is simply breathtaking. Mom, I think we went once while you were visiting. This park is also the home of Gray-Campbell homestead (the oldest standing home in town) and the Japanese Stroll Gardens. There are also acres of rolling green hills, a serene lake, beautiful flower gardens, gazebos, and statues galore. What amazes me most is that it is in the middle of town, and you would never know.







We grilled some hot dogs, played at the play ground, roamed the gardens and just had good quality family time. We had to leave earlier than I had planned because a summer storm popped up out of no where. BUT on the way home, I decided that a little rain was not going to spoil our perfect afternoon.












So when we got home Tanner and I played in the rain. Jeremy was a wimp and stayed on the porch. After a while, the sun came back out to grace us with its presence. We soaked it in. Today was a wonderful day of peace, and quiet, and playfulness, and enjoying being able to sink my bare feet into lush green grass. It was a wonderful, fabulous, splendiforous day.

4 hugs and kisses:

momndad said...

I can see that the only thing that could possibly have made this day any better would have been if Tanner had come to see Papa!
That really would have been a "wonderful, fabulous, splendiforous" day. (and it didn't rain here)

Buffie said...

That park is beautiful, I wish we had something like that up here. The only thing missing from it is a new baby, just think of how much Tanner would love to have a baby brother or sister. You and Jeremy would love it too.

Juli said...

Holy heaven, you two crack me up! Ok so TWO things would have made it better, if we were in Kansas with our new baby. I'm on board for the Kansas thing--not so sure on the new baby...I can always get Tanner another goldfish.

Buffie said...

A goldfish is not the same as a baby. Of course I tend to have baby on the brain (right now anyway). Although, its not nearly as bad as Dee Dee's baby talk (she wants 3). I'll stick with 2, then they will never be alone (even after Mark and I are no longer here, in like 60 or so years).