CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Tanner and the Burning Bush

Tanner is enthralled with his Bible Story Book. Every night we read one of the stories from it, we look at the pictures and talk about God, and then we tuck Tanner into bed (storybook in hand). Last night Tanner was "reading" the book to me. He told me about the "pretty garden and the Bad snake", and he told me about "peoples putting a baby in the water and the queen finding him". When he got to the part about Moses and the burning bush he studied the picture for a while and looked and me inquisitively.


Tanner: Mommy, who fired this tree??


Mommy: God made the bush burn for Moses


Tanner: Why?


Mommy: God was trying to get Moses' attention so he could talk to him, and sometimes God has to do drastic things so people will notice. Moses saw the burning bush and knew God was there.


Tanner: (Eyes wide) Is God going to fire OUR tree???
I love my four year old!!!!



It's going to be a beautiful day here in the Ozarks. Tanner and I are going to go play. I hope you all play a little too!

0 hugs and kisses: