CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!!!






Yes, I am aware that Halloween was yesterday, but Tanner and I got home pretty late, and I was too tired to blog. So you get it tonight. Last night, Tanner and I went Trick-or-Treating. This was really his first Halloween that he understood what was going on. I might mention that he had been anxiously awaiting it for MONTHS. He had a lot of fun. Every single person we met said that Tanner was an adorable Spider Man, and Mr. Modesty always said "Yeah. Happy Halloween." We stuck to our street but that didn't keep Tanner from getting a pretty full bucket. Then we took a break and handed out some candy of our own. After we had exhausted our munitions, I loaded him up for two "special" stops.

The first was "Aunt Shari", who used to be our neighbor at SunVilla. She filled his bucket to the brim. He was more excited to see her than he was to get the candy...which means he's not COMPLETELY spoiled. Then we headed to my co-workers house. Michele loves kids. But most of all she loves Tanner. She is always sending candy home with me to give to him. We had a big surprise when we got to her house. She had gotten him ANOTHER bucket and had it as full as it could be. Essentially, we came home with more candy than I had purchased to get rid of. Which makes me wonder why we do the whole Trick-or-Treating thing in the first place. Couldn't we just cut out a step and give him the bag of candy we purchased for kids I don't even know?? It's just a thought. I'll leave you with a couple of pictures. And look for another blog tonight. I have something else to share that has NOTHING to do with Halloween.





This is the jack-o-lantern that I made for Tanner. For those of you who aren't privileged enough to watch Noggin or Nick Jr., it's Dora The Explorer. I found a template on the Nick Jr. web site. They also had a Blue's Clues Template...but Tanner wanted Dora. I think I did a pretty decent job!




This is MY jack-o-lantern. In my opinion, it didn't turn out as well as Tanner's. Do you see the Spooky house AND the smiling moon??



And last but not least, I will leave you with a picture of everyones favorite superhero! Eating nachos, as any good superhero would do.


0 hugs and kisses: