CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 27, 2007

F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G OUT!

Tanner and I are home alone right now...as we typically are on Saturday nights. I don't usually mind being home alone, but tonight I am a bit freaked out. I keep hearing strange noises coming from one of the vents in the living room. Actually, it's the one right next to the computer. I can't believe I am even sitting here right now. If my instincts are correct, then I have a mouse. Let me say that again for those of you who dismissed it as NOT BEING A BIG DEAL. I HAVE A MOUSE! A tiny, furry rodent with big beady eyes and a long skinny tail is in all liklihood sitting in my vent right now....watching me, and waiting for the opportunity to scurry across the floor. Which, as you know, would only cause chaos. I am twenty seven years old, but let me paint a picture of what it might look like here if I actually were to see this mouse. Picture me, standing atop whatever piece of furniture happened to be closest (probably the couch), with whatever weapon I had available (if I had to guess an empty water bottle) being waved menacingly toward the offensive creature. I would most likely be jumping up and down on one leg and shrieking. Do you have a good mental image going? I know it might be silly to be afraid of a little mouse, but for whatever reason, they frighten me. When Marianne and I were in college and living at the Park, we had a mouse in our apartment one night. We completely freaked out and lured it onto the balcony with a slice of pizza. Then we shut the door and watched it as it tried to claw its way back in. I am guessing it was trying to seek revenge for being ousted. I still get the creepy crawlies when I think about it.

So you were all apparently tired of my Monday post and felt I had been neglecting you this week. I apologize. We've had a busy week here...still kind of dull, but busy. Jeremy got the yard cleaned up...which basically means he got to buy a chainsaw. He called me at work on Wednesday from Home Depot giggling because he had found one that he NEEDED. I couldn't really tell him no. Well, I could have...but then his grandmother would have had to loan us her chainsaw...and that means that she would actually have to come to the house...and THAT, my friends, is the only thing I fear worse than the mouse. I worked late a few nights this week. Michele and I haven't even started the 1099's or the W-2's that HAVE to be done next week. So on the nights that I wasn't working late I was in bed by 9 or 9:30. I am just very tired right now. I need to take a LONG nap...in a tanning bed or on a beach. I keep telling myself Spring will be here soon.

Gotta run. I just remembered that I have movies due back tonight and Jeremy doesn't want to go back out "into the freezing cold" since he just walked in the door, so I will have to go. I will update you all again very soon--and next time with pictures!!!

3 hugs and kisses:

Anonymous said...

Set a trap...glue or snap traps whatever you feel. I've had one come out of no where and dance before my feet only to shoot off to his other hiding spot. I woke when the trap snapped and actually yelled "got ya!" Yeah so what if I was trailer trash at one point...got me a house now, with kitties!
By the way Barron thinks its funny when he knocks the shampoo bottles into the tub or out. Why is that funny to a 5 month old and not adults?

Juli said...

The Ice has melted
Outside it's real nice
I won't let my home
Be a Haven for Mice!

Buffie said...

LOL (not laughing at you). I would do the same thing if there were a mouse in my house (or a spider, then I would also scream for Mark).
At our old place there was always some critter trying to move in (shiver), we even had a squirrel in the attic.
Your poem is cute (much better than that of momndad).;)