CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 24, 2006

I have made a decision!

In a matter of weeks, I will be quitting my job. I can't take it anymore!!! It's been a really hard decision to make but I have decided it will be better for me (and my family) if I am no longer there. Don't get me wrong, I love the people I work with and there are even days when I love what I do, but I cannot continue working in an environment that stresses me out as completely as this one does. Yesterday was the last straw. I have busted my butt all week long, I even put in extra hours, and I did it for a part of the company that won't even be here in a month. We are putting a stop to the Residential Construction side of things. So I have been working extra hard so that we can get things wrapped up as quickly as possible. Kim walked into my office at about four and said, "I need you to step up." My mind immediately went numb. If you don't know the story then you don't know that I have heard this AT LEAST twice a month since January. It is never accompanied by constructive criticism or anything specific that she feels I could be doing a better job with, it always just "step up". And I honestly don't know how to do that anymore. I have stepped up SO much that the only thing I'm currently NOT doing is strapping on a tool belt and getting out in the field to help build. And for some reason, I can't see that happening. So the only thing that I can do at this point is move on and hope that Kim can find that one magical person that she is looking for. Good luck to her!

Today is Tanner and Mommy day. I have waited all week long for it--and what a magnificent day it is going to be! Today, I plan to cuddle my little boy, and play silly games, I plan to take some time to paint a picture and put together a puzzle. Today, I will play outside in the sunshine and when I am exhausted I will lay in the grass and stare up at the clouds, and Tanner will be right there every second! The stress of the week is gone and right now all that matters is spending time with my angel and putting yet more special memories in each of our hearts.


2 hugs and kisses:

Anonymous said...

Do you think he's roaming???

Juli said...

Hello Kincaids!!!! SOOOOO Glad you could join us!