CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

27

Today, I turned 27 years old. Long ago, I quit expecting to feel any older on my birthdays. So I knew that this birthday would pass much like any other day. It was, however, surprisingly nice. I arrived at work to a much needed case of Diet Dr. Pepper, left by the Dr. Pepper fairy a.k.a. Chyna. I received a lovely email from my beautiful Mother that made me smile. Sometime around 11:30, a gorgeous bouquet of flowers walked in the door. My bosses Matt, Matthew and Jeff got them for me. They can be thoughtful when they want to be. Then the girls surprised me with pizza and ice cream cake for lunch. I am the one who plans all the parties at the office, so the fact that someone else had taken on the task made me feel very loved.

I left the office at Four to go and get my Drivers License renewed...it was almost too easy. Now I am home with my favorite guy (who is eating his dinner--or rather, NOT eating his dinner). I plan on playing Tanner's new computer game with him and reading him an extra long bed time story before tucking him into bed...his own hopefully.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but Tanner is now afraid of the Boogieman. It's just a phase, it's just a phase, it's just a phase. The last two nights he has slept in our bed. I tuck him in tight with "Bravery Bear" (an old stuffed bear that sits on my dresser) and turn on the humidifier that Mom and Dad got us for Christmas last year. He watches the colors and mist until he falls asleep. Last night, I added some Lavender to the water and he was out like a light. My plans are to do whatever necessary to get him to sleep until Friday, and then have a camp out in his room. Maybe that will help--maybe not. For now, I think he is finished eating...so off I go.
Talk to you all again soon.

0 hugs and kisses: