CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 24, 2006

We're not in Kansas Anymore!!!

I have decided that one of the most satisfying things in life has to be the feeling of warm sand between your toes. Even if that sand just happens to be in the next state over. So I didn't get to go to Hawaii, or Cancun, but my weekend left me feeling relaxed and refreshed and more than ready to start my week. Perhaps it was just being with the people I loved that made it so wonderful...who knows. But I do know that I will be doing it again very soon.


I loved everything about Wellington. My mom told me it would be like stepping back in time...I kind of felt that it was more like stepping over the rainbow. It has that small town feel that leaves you all warm inside. You know what I mean??? It's the kind of place where people who don't know you would wave at you, and tell you to have a good day. The kind of place where you can raise your kids! The church was fantastic. I am so happy that my parents have found somewhere that they can call home. The biggest surprise to me was that right in the middle of this sleepy little place was this fantastic park and family aquatic center. It was beautiful, and Tanner has asked me at least seven times since we have been home when he will get to go. Definately next time!!









Today, I am back in the metropolis of Springfield. Back to the fast pace and the angry drivers who have more colorful gestures than a simple wave. It's nice to be home even though I have left the quiet country behind. My cats missed me--my husband, not so much. Even though, I am very glad to be home, I have to say my weekend left me longing for the simplicity that only a small town can offer. Perhaps a move is in order???

2 hugs and kisses:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I was bored this weekend without you. We'll have to get together this weekend and do something.

Juli said...

Movie Night--my house--Friday!