CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 09, 2006

How to Build a Castle

Step 1: Wait until your Mom is not in the room (when she is cooking dinner is the best time).


Step 2: Remove every single pillow and couch cushion from all the furniture in the living room and pile them in the floor. Do this quickly--if you can finish before you get caught, you are more likely to be able to play on the castle.


Step 3: Repeat step two with all the pillows from all of the beds in the house.


Step 4: Climb to the top of the castle and declare yourself "King".


Step 5: When asked, "What happened in here?!?!?", blame it on the dog!


Despite the mess that has now been cleaned up twice ( I let him do this again today--on purpose), Tanner has enjoyed the castle building. At one point, he was using the large couch cushions as slides. Thank you, Corinthian, for making such durable, yet attractive furniture! It has been a great day here with just me and my favorite guy. We've been enjoying the ABC Family Classic Christmas marathon (he has now been introduced to Heat Miser and Snow Miser), and playing with play dough. And we dusted and did some laundry too. I am trying to decide if I want to give him a nap this late in the day, and let him stay up late with me tonight...or if I want him to go to bed at the usual time and spend the evening alone in solitude. I have to say that as much as I love my little guy, option number two is sounding very appealing. He's not really wanting to take a nap right now anyway. SOOOO, an evening alone in solitude it is! Right now, it is time to make some dinner. I think Tanner is going to let me off the hook with cooking, he has been wanting a PB&J all day. Bless him! So sandwiches and chocolate milk all around, and then back to relaxing on this most wonderful of Saturdays! Love to you all.

2 hugs and kisses:

Juli said...

For all who are curious, my evening in solitude was WONDERFUL!

Buffie said...

His fort is cute, Sierra can't do that. (We only have three couch cushions and the living room and kitchen are one big room.)