CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 20, 2006

12 Sharp

I think I need to be a bounty hunter.
I say this, because I am fairly certain that if my favorite fictional heroine, Stephanie Plum, can do it...then so can I. I was lucky enough to purchase the newest Janet Evanovich today and am about 5 chapters away from being finished. I do wish that I had paced myself a little more, since I won't have anything to look forward to tomorrow...but I really couldn't put it down. Is there anything better than just getting to put your feet up and escape into your own fictional world every so often?? I think not!

Today my world consisted of Stolen identities, kidnappings, and the hysterical adventures of a lingerie buyer turned gun toting bond enforcement agent...I know...Glamorous! And since I am currently in the market for a new career....well, maybe not--but 12 sharp was a fun read...who's calling dibs???

In related stories, I bought TW three new books today as well: His very own Bible, which is really cute and surprisingly complete for a children's bible, a little "count the farm animals" book, and our very first CHAPTER book--which we have already read. It was an action packed one too. The age it is suggested for is actually 6 to 8--but as I predicted Tanner loved it and made me read all twelve chapters to him before he would go to bed. It's called Mercy Saves the Day, it's about a pampered pig named Mercy who saves her owners from a terrible fate. It also paints firemen and sirens in a VERY good light--I'm hoping to aleve some of Tanner's fears. I was pleased that he liked the story and he was thrilled to have so much Mommy/Tanner cuddle time before bed.

Now, I think I am going to go and finish my book, and maybe find something good on TV. Jeremy is watching Iron Chef America--which is always festive. Then it will be off to bed so that tomorrow I can get up and head back to the real world. Good night all--Thank you for sharing my weekend with me, and I'm sure the coming week will bring more to blog about.

3 hugs and kisses:

Anonymous said...

No offense Jules, but I can't see you toting a gun and pepper spray around in your purse all the time. Although, if you were capturing the "bad guys" first thing in the morning, you would probably be pretty successful.

Juli said...

I resent that you are suggesting I may not be a morning person! Why would you say that?? I am PERFECTLY amicable in the morning--ask anyone!

Juli said...

Traitors!!! So I'm not exactly...nice in the mornings...ok, I may have even terrified some people in the past...but I'm getting better!!! I promise.