CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Take this job and...


Well, you all know the rest of the song. It's Tuesday, but I have a definate "case of the Mondays" I DO NOT WANT TO WORK TODAY! The last couple of weeks I have just felt that going in for four hours is a complete waste of my time. I have not accomplished any of my own work--I know that for a fact. I smiled yesterday when Michele asked me if I would be willing to pick up a couple more hours a day. Of course I would, until I find a new job. I new it would happen...and in a kind of mean way, I am glad that they are FINALLY seeing how much I actually did, and realizing that THEY can't do it. Vindication in a sense. Michele even suggested that Kim might eventually make me full time again. But I am mortally wounded and couldn't work there every day without being bitter. I applied for 17 jobs yesterday. So statistics say I should get a call back on two of those. Plus I have a standing offer to install tile--hey when you work in construction those are the kind of contacts you make.
I am going to go get ready for work now--I will paste a smile on my face and walk into the office today with my head up. I will not snarl or growl at anyone, and I won't let anyone see me cry. I will simply close my door and dig into the mountain of work that is piling up on my desk. The time will fly by and soon it will be time to come home to Tanner and my sanctuary. Monday...part two, will be over and the promise of tomorrow being better will make me smile.

0 hugs and kisses: