CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It can ALWAYS get worse!

I did not get the job. I found this out today via email. Apparently, I lack customer service experience. Perhaps I forgot to mention the time that an angry customer threw a phone at my head, and I STILL remembered to smile and say "Have a Nice Day." I tend to think that all customer service jobs are created equally. According to T-Mobile, they are not. At first I was sad, then bitter--mostly because I had to go through four interviews. Finally acceptance sunk in and I realized that God's plan for me obviously didn't include that particular job. So I have again started looking through the bazillion jobs that Springfield has to offer.

I know that the PERFECT job is out there and I just have to find it. But I REALLY hate doing interviews...more than anything...except rejection...I do hate that more. Jeremy asked me what I loved doing. I replied honestly. Sleeping. I LOVE to sleep. I am fairly certain there is a mattress warehouse out there somewhere just looking for people like me to test their products. But since the chances of me finding one in the near future are slim...I will continue looking for a "real" job. Whatever that means.

Even though I was kind of sad today, I know that it could have been WAY worse. I could have been this guy.

I took this picture tonight. This is...perhaps I should say WAS...the stoplight at the corner of Battlefield and Jefferson, about a quarter of a mile from my house. I'm still not completely sure what happened, but basically the entire stop light fell right on top of this truck. No one was injured. But I can safely say that I didn't have too bad a day, after all, my vehicle is still drivable!

Anyway, I just wanted to fill you all in--thanks for the prayers--God heard them all and answered in accordance with his perfect will. ALSO--so you don't think I forgot...

WELCOME TO THE WORLD BARRON TYLER HENKE!!!

Barron arrived on Tuesday, August 15th, at 12:17 p.m.

7 lbs 6 ounces and 19 3/4 inches.

Mommy Sara and Daddy Steve are very proud (as is Aunt Juli). I have been promised pictures, so as SOON as I get them, I will get them uploaded.

Now it is bed time, and boy am I ready!!! Good night all--my Dream job awaits! (Sorry about the cheesy pun--it's late.)

0 hugs and kisses: