CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Back Seat Tannerisms

Tanner and I have some of our best conversations in the car. It's true--he becomes even more talkative than usual. I am often amazed at what comes out of his mouth. Today was no exception.

On the way to Carol's this morning...

Tanner: Mommy, I want to go to THAT park. (he points)
Me: Ok, peanut...we can go on Saturday.
Tanner: Daddy too?
Me: Nope, it will just have to be you and me like last Saturday. Daddy has to work.
Tanner: But I want to go with Daddy!
Me: Well, we can wait until Sunday afternoon and then we can all go.
Tanner: (contemplates...then) No, I don't want you to go...just me and Daddy.
Me: I can't go??
Tanner: I like you, but you can't go.
Me: (Silence--because my feelings are hurt)
Tanner: You're still a good person, mommy.

So there you have it folks, my child has given me my affirmation for the day...and I am whole.

AND I know I am kind of spoiling you all right now with all this extra blogging...so here's fair warning. This PROBABLY won't continue after I am working eight hours a day again...so enjoy it while it lasts.

1 hugs and kisses:

Anonymous said...

I think you're a good person too!