CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 28, 2006

It may be a BIT Premature...

...but Fall will soon be here. And I can't wait! I love everything about fall. The bright, beautiful colors, the cooler weather, even the smell of fall is magical to me. Most of all, though, there is this feeling that comes with the season that I simply can't describe. Perhaps it is because some of my favorite memories are set against the back drop of an autumn evening. When I think about each of those moments, I can still remember the way the air smelled and still feel the slight chill of the crisp night air. Some of them are so very special to me...and I think because of them, I love the fall even more.

Yesterday, it poured here. So instead of taking TW to the park we just spent some time "shopping". I found myself in the middle of the arts and crafts section looking at all the fantastic decorations they have for fall. Everything was so festive! I know it sounds a little "Martha", but I would love to be one of those women who decorates for every season and Holiday. You know the kind, they wear the pumpkin sweaters in the fall and the candy cane earrings at Christmas. I don't know that I will ever rock a pumpkin sweater...but I wouldn't mind having a seasonal front porch. Jeremy allowed me to indulge a little and I purchased some Pumpkin spice potpourri--which is, at this very instant, in my simmer pot in the kitchen. It smells like autumn here at 404 E Morningside, but it's not quite enough.

But Soon...

Soon, I will look out my window to the sight of vibrant oranges and reds. Soon, the air will grow colder and the nights shorter. Soon memories of October evenings with friends and loved ones will come rushing back to me making me wish that it could be fall all year long.

1 hugs and kisses:

Anonymous said...

The fall is my favorite too. It's just a fulfilling time of year.